Tianjin’s Happy Magic Water Cube opened in 2014 and I’ve heard it’s a lot of fun and the lines aren’t bad if you go on a weekday. It’s open from June to September for sure, and probably through the National Holiday week, though for May and October dates you have to call and check to make sure.
- June: 10: 00-19: 00
July and August: 10: 00-22: 00 (including the night market)
September: 10: 00-19: 00
- Adult – 200 RMB
Child 1.2-1.5m – 160 RMB
Children under 1.2m – FREE
- 天津海魔方水上乐园 – Tiānjīn hǎi mófāng shuǐshàng lèyuán
中央大道旁（永定新河桥）安康道与山岚路交口 – Zhōngyāng Dàdào páng (Yǒngdìng Xīnhé Qiáo) Ankāng Dào yǔ Shānlán Lù Jiāokǒu
Tianjin Happy Magic Water Cube – by Zhongyang Avenue (Yongding New River Bridge) at the intersection of Ankang Street and Shanlan Road
- Take Metro Line 9 out to the final stop, Donghai Road, then it seems you can take a bus number 2, and it’s the second stop. I’m not sure if this is a regular bus or a special tourist bus, because this bus also goes to the Aircraft Carrier, the next stop after the Water Park.
Things You Should Know
- Bring sunscreen, towels, swim hats, maybe cheap flip flops to wear inside (though the translated site I saw seemed to say they weren’t necessary at all, but if you have them, cheap is best so they don’t get stolen).
- There seems to be some kind of prepaid card that you use while you’re there, they recommend putting 200 on it, 30 goes towards a locker, the rest to be spent on food and other things inside the park, the remainder refunded when you leave.
- Definitely go on a weekday if you can!
Below are photos taken from their site: