The best way to get to the Beijing airport is by airport express bus. For 82 RMB you can take a bus from the station in Nankai directly to all 3 terminals of the airport (compared to 55 RMB for a high-speed train ticket to Beijing South Railway, 2 RMB for a 2-change subway ride to Dongzhimen Station, 25 RMB for the airport express subway line. It costs the same but a lot more legwork and difficulties, especially if you have luggage).
Ticket Price: 82 RMB ( Official Website here)
- Tiān huán kèyùn zhàn – Tianjin Central Bus Station – Northeast Corner of Intersection of Anshan Xi Dao and Hongqi Lu. I just tell the taxi driver Hongqi Lu, Anshan Xi Dao and I always get there.
Show a Taxi Driver:
天环客运站 – 红旗路, 鞍山西道
- T1/T2: In front of Gate 15 on the 1st Floor of T2,
T3: In front of Gate 3 on the 1st Floor
- 4:00, 5:00, 6:00, 7:00, 7:30, 8:00, 8:30, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 13:30, 14:00, 14:30, 15:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 18:30
- 7:30, 8:30, 9:30, 10:15, 11:00, 11:45, 12:30, 13:15, 14:00, 14:45, 15:30, 16:15, 17:00, 17:45, 18:30, 19:15, 20:00, 21:00, 22:00, 23:00
- When you walk into the station, after you put your bag through the metal detector, walk to the ticket counter all the way on the far right wall. Just say “Běijīng Jīchǎng,” or just Beijing. The waiting area is #1. It says “Airport waiting area”. It’s the first one you come to once you’ve returned from buying your ticket.
- Luggage is self-serve, getting it on and off yourself.
- From Tianjin to Beijing, the bus stops first at Terminals 1 & 2 (they’re together) and then at Terminal 3. It’s about 2 hours and 15 minutes to the first stop, another 15 minutes to the last stop. On the way back, the bus picks up first at Terminal 3, then at Terminals 1 & 2.
- If you are getting on at Terminal 1 & 2, you will likely be getting on a full bus and if you’re traveling with someone, you may not be able to sit together.
- There are assigned seats both ways, but from Tianjin to Beijing, you can sit wherever you want. On the way back, there are sticklers asking to sit in your assigned seat number.
- There are two kinds of buses, nice, and not as nice. They’re both okay though, decently comfortable.
- When you get off the bus in Tianjin, walk through all those taxi drivers hovering at the gate because they are all black taxis. Once you walk through the gate, walk left to Hongqi Lu. You can probably find a taxi in front of the main entrance to the station.